Saturday, January 31, 2009

Update

The last few months have been such a blur. I'm going to do a quick recap b/c there is too much now for me to blog about...so I will just give a few highlights...

Way back in November, I went to NYC. It was my fave trip there yet--completely to my surprise b/c I've had some pretty amazing trips and I didn't expect to love it so much. But I did a lot of things that I haven't done before, learned a lot about the history of the city, etc.....and how many of you can say you've actually seen the former location of Studio 54? Yep--I can now say that I've seen it!!

Vanessa did a way superior post than I ever could so check that out, or Hillary posted pics in facebook. Isn't technology the greatest! :) And here are a few of my pics...Macy's is famous for its window displays--but Bloomies does some pretty amazing ones too:

We went to the Christmas Spectacular which I completely loved! Had to snap a photo of the Swarovski Christmas tree/chandelier hanging in the Radio City Music hall lobby...


Everyone waiting for the subway...

Diva Christmas Eve was as good as ever this year....me and my Zoe....

Jeff & Carmy (representing Ally b/c I didn't get any pics of her)...
Hillary & Lindsey...
And Chaz......he's too pretty to be a boy, isn't he?
January means Leadership Conference for Stampin' Up! and this year it was in sunny Orlando! Just when I think I couldn't love my job more, I get to spend an amazing week in Florida w/hundreds of fabulous people. Lisa's got a fab post too....
This is my very tall friend, Stacie--we presented together this year...
and then the other two fabulous ladies that I presented with: Barb & Mimi...
This event brought a new kind of tired....at least one of us still managed to smile. :) haha
Every event also brings bonding time w/coworkers....including a couple of nights in the Backstage Lounge with Waddell, the Pope and Jaron....

Backstage after the show...Lori, me, Dale (our president) and Carrie...

We really are this happy at events. :) This picture was not set up--it was completely on the fly! Ole!

Meals...I can't remember if this was the lunch where we discussed Jaron's conjoined octopus twin or not, but that is a conversation I will never forget!!!

Amanda was backstage w/me this time...
We had a few free hours one night so me, Amanda & Angie had dinner in Morocco (the Epcot way)...
During Make & Takes we did demonstration booths--showing off stuff from the new catalog...


9 brilliant comments:

amylouwhosews said...

As much as I hated getting up in the morning to go to work, I'm kind of envying your job right now. Looks like so much fun!

I'm so glad I got to see you! Thanks for always making time for me and Cafe Rio!!

Vanessa said...

Was it really 2 months ago that we took that fabulous trip??? The best 4 days of my life. REally.

Chubs is the cutest baby ever, and you still have the best job on earth. Glad you are back!

Jaron Winder said...

Guess the cat is out of the bag now about my conjoined twin!!! UGH :) Great times were certainly had at that meal table. I have never laughed so hard in all my life. Who better to share those memories with??

Lisa said...

Oh the good times in Florida. I am glad you left most of the embarrassing photos off the blog :) I love the Ole picture.

You have such cute nieces and nephews.

Carrie Cudney said...

Thanks for the update - I'm so glad you're blogging again - it makes me want to too!

Leadership really was fun!

Anonymous said...

great catch-up post! it was an honor being your power point pusher. :) great job, as always, presenting and working w/your demos. great capture of the moments. i'm w/you jaron: never laughed harder than at your conjoined twin. haha.

amanda

Jeanelle said...

Loved the update and all of the great pics. I'm in dire need of a trip to NYC. I think Life returns this week, right? A little Charlie Crews fix is just what we need...mmm... :)

Jeanelle said...

p.s. I'm planning to come to Seattle regionals. I hope that one's on your schedule -- would love to meet IRL!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not posting the picture of our futures in Epcot. :) But dinner in Morocco - that was good. yum, I'm hungry and could use a serious cherry coke right now. Or Orlando...that would suffice!

Angie