Monday, December 21, 2009

(sigh) Florence...

On this trip, I decided that Paris has nothing over Florence....except the Eiffel Tower of course. But besides that I love Florence as much....maybe more. I love it so much words don't properly explain....and that's the reason for the (sigh).

After a short bus ride (short ride on a bus, not a ride on a short bus) from Siena, we headed to the best B&B in the best location.....Luciano & Luciana (brother & sister)...

The view out our window in one direction: the market....

...and in the other direction we could see the Piazza Della Signoria where there are tons of these....

We headed to the Duomo first things and climbed the tower. I like to do that to get oriented. :)

We looooove graffiti....and 496 stairs!


Yesssss.....we all got the memo about blue day! (gorgeous Florence behind us)

And here it is....the unveiling of the ring that I bought in Siena. Calling it a ring doesn't begin to do it justice.....

Why did we take more pictures climbing up and down than we did of the view???



Damn these steps are small.....good thing I have Shiloh and Lisa in front of me to catch my fall!



So many pigeons....so little time....


I'm home!!!!


I like this restaurant...I don't even care if they are about to kick us out and tell us to go to a pizzaria down the street!


Best pizza on the trip....

And a temporary camera malfunction provided 'world on fire' type of pictures....amazing!

I loooooooove shopping....I even love watching other people shop!




I found the one...and I only had to go to every handbag store in the city 3 times! :)

Here's another shot of Francesca (the ring)....color accent photog by Lisa...
Yes please...I want to come back for Florence someday so I will rub the nose of this frightening boar and throw my penny into the drain...
David....the very one....we sneaked a few pictures despite the fact that the photo lady was on constant alert....however no photo can do him justice and all 3 of my travel companions agreed w/this. Must see to believe!
"I can take this guy"
Yes, Lisa, I'd be happy to take your picture....oops I didn't notice that a light post was growing out of your head....just take a couple steps to the left and lets try again.....

Dangit--I really didn't mean to give you an evergreen headress, I promise! Hmmm what else can we get to grow out of your head....
I call this one "The Biggest Loser Italy." There were lots of times where I could hear Jillian in my head..."you're lazy" or "increase your speed" or "get up" or several other versions w/lots of different expletives. :) This was my ongoing joke though---because the food is too healthy (not as delish as American food, if you know what I mean) and we walked 12 hours a day. :)
There are so many more pics but I'm exhausted so I'm done for tonight...I will end by saying Florence was 3 days of absolute bliss!!!

5 brilliant comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the phots. would love to see that ring in person, go overseas and see what you have seen....way cool! Oh and the purse, did you show us?

Anonymous said...

I think your post did it justice. :) Love the intro and 'words can't describe.' and WOW. didn't realize it was right there with Paris. That's saying a lot. You cracked me up with the short bus and the scary boar. Loved your post. and loved being in Florence with you!

A Rom

Vanessa said...

I love that you love to shop and love to watch others shop. And i love what you shopped for for me. Thanks again!

Lisa said...

Awesome post. Florence was so fun. I think I can still smell the leather. Love all the "things on my head" That was hilarious :)

Nate and Sina said...

I hated this post (BETTER than Paris?? that just makes me sad) until I saw the picture of you with the bag. It is the most priceless picture EVER!! I felt like I had been hunting all over the city with you! :)

When are we going to Florence together, because I can't imagine it really is better than Paris, but I would give it another try with you by my side.