Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dish towels

My latest project is making a few dish towels....which I am loving so much I may never make another card and just spend my life sewing!!

Yeah right....of course that would never happen. But the cool thing is I am using a lot of Stamin' Up! product on these....
This was the first one I made, using the Flower Layers die and the Big Shot. Then of course some satin ribbon for one of the stems. I've also thought of putting buttons in the center of the flowers but I couldn't quite imagine drying dishes or hands and encountering a button....probably would be counter-productive.

This was the 2nd one and I still am staring at it with "I can't believe how cute that is" running through my mind. Can you believe the pom poms and ric rac??!?! Plus my mom is a fabric hoarder and so her stash is really coming in handy with these little projects.
And now I am getting more and more creative w/Big Shot stuff.....so many dies....so little time!


9 brilliant comments:

Jeanelle said...

Shannon, so stinking cute!!!!!

Vanessa said...

First a book worm, now sewing?? I don't know you anymore.

All that FHA is coming in handy. Our Home EC teachers would be proud.

Angie said...

:) The first one is uber-cute!! The other two pictures won't load for me for some reason. You're talented!!

Lisa said...

So Cute! I'm loving them.

Cindy Major said...

Just adorable! LOVE the rickrack and pompoms!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

sweet idea, would make great gifts! thanks for sharing your creativity!!

Jill said...

You sew now!?? You're amazing!!

amylouwhosews said...

sewing is just like scrapbooking with fabric! Except maybe MORE fun! (IMO) :)

Jill said...

I love my towels! Thank you SO much! And how clever that you used the ribbon I gave you! SO fun and darling in my kitchen-- thank yoU!