Thursday, November 4, 2010

November Art Class

I am so happy and lucky to be taking an art class!!! The kids have been taking art from this awesome lady who lives in my Rent's neighborhood....and so Hill and I decided to join up for the adult classes this year. In October, we learned to sketch. I even have my own sketch book now!!

This past Tuesday, we created amazing landscapes with oil pastels. OMG I seriously loved it so much and when I'm finished it is going to be an amazing work of art for my newly decorated house (no progress on the house yet....just dreaming).

So here is my initial sketch...on special paper for this medium (I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about)...

And then I snapped this one after the background/mountains & sky were complete....


And this was how I ended the evening...I'm about 75% finished.....


Awesome, right??? I'll post the finished one next month so stay tuned....you will just die when you see the fields in the foreground!!! :)

5 brilliant comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it even looks so good on the pics you took from your phone!! I am seriously loving this class too like more than I had anticipated and we are going to have some fab pieces at the end and we will get to be in a real art show!! :) Thanks for doing it with me, it's my new fave night every month.

Hillary

Jeanelle said...

So fabulous! What a fun thing to do and the picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to join you! I am soo impressed, Shannie!

Bonnie said...

I'm the Anonymous from above...

Angie said...

Shannon it's beautiful! You never cease to amaze me - you are so talented. Thank you for sharing!!

Is it Italy?