Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fancy Pillow

So I purchased this AMAZING new couch that I referred to in this post. And I finally got it upstairs (thanks Pop and Steve!) and am ready to accessorize! I've been looking for ideas for new couch pillows and I found this post on my new favorite blog: Oh So Crafty.

So I immediately rounded up 4 old shirts that would've ended up at goodwill sooner than later....
And I up-cycled them to make an amazing pillow!!!!
It turned out a little more stripey than I envisioned (gotta love my lack of ability to visualize)...but overall I LOVE IT! This was most definitely the funnest project I've done in a LONG time!

Are you thinking "Weird color scheme, Shannon, are you color blind?" Well here's how it fits in the room....and I'm painting a wall the Cool Caribbean color so stay tuned for that.....

But for now....what do you think of my new look?
The remotes are a nice touch....but if I give them the chop I also have to cut out the vintage resin grapes and my Granny's craft project from the 50s...so they got to stay in the photo. :)

Happy Holidays!!

9 brilliant comments:

Tricia said...

Love the color scheme and the pillow is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with me!

Vanessa said...

Do many thoughts:
1st-glad to see your tree is up! What I can see, it looks amazing.

2nd: Love the pillow! You are so crafty. I will have to remember that.

3rd: Love the couch! It is so you and it will tie in together nicely with all of your other elements in the room!

4th-What did you do w/your other couch?

Anonymous said...

awesome!! Love it.

Deb

Patty Bennett said...

LOVE the pillow!! LOVE YOUR TREE! and love the grapes... reminds me of the ones my grandma had too!! Wonder where those ended up....
hugs,
Patty

LeAnn said...

So AMAZING! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see it IRL!

jaimey said...

Shannon, I really, really love your new couch. And your pillow is so cool! I'm so impressed you made it. And with t-shirts?? Wow. Very cool. Can't wait to see the rest of your place. :) And I hope you're doing great! I have been really bad about keeping in touch. I'm sorry! :(

Anonymous said...

Shannon!! OMG! How did you make that pillow!? I sooo need to learn to sew!!

OK girlie...I'm behind the times..I just googled you because the few pics I have of your hair may not be enough (remember me from SC....I may be ready to whack mine off now!!) anywho....look you have a blog! I'm soo out of touch. I'll be following you now just so check out all your fab stuff!!!
Melissa

Cindy Major said...

Wow! Love the couch, love the cushions, love the fact that you can sew (something I would like to learn one of these days) and LOVE the Christmas tree as well! It is going to look great with the painted walls!

CIndy :)

Jodene said...

How clever are you! I love the new pillow and it looks great on your gorgeous new couch. Loving the colour scheme :)