Saturday, January 19, 2008

Palm Springs

No, I am not deathly ill--thanks to those of you who have expressed words of concern. :) It turns out that it has just been a pretty busy month for me so far. If this is any indication--it's January 19 and my Christmas tree is still up.

Anyway the root of my busy-ness was my business trip--we had our big January show which was all last week in Palm Springs. Being a cold weather person, I had low expectations for this locale and so I was very pleased to have such a wonderful week in 70 degree weather, with just the right amount of everything. :) Actually though I never really saw the light of day except through the convention center windows. But this was my favorite event to date.....it was pretty much perfect. Here are a few highlights:

The first day of the event, several of us did demonstration booths. This was mine--an example of how to organize your stamping stuff. It was 6 hours of straight talking that truly flew by because I was surrounded by the coolest people in the world!!



Day 2 is not only the first day of classes, but also the first day of prize patrol! This is a pic of me, Whitney & Lisa. I love this pic b/c of how happy and excited we look!


The 3rd and final day was also filled w/classes, prize patrol and many many other fabulous moments! Here's me and Lisa right before the last general session.


And then we did dinner at Ruby's Diner which was a delish 50s joint--we sat outside under the heaters while sipping malts! haha It was such a fun night. The first pic is me, Carrie & Selma....


And Amanda, Linda & Karah.


And that was about it. My description hasn't done the event justice--maybe I'm a little out of blogging practice. :( It was truly the funnest week.

Anyway one last pic...on Jan 5th, Lindsey went w/me to my work winter party. It was at the Grand America with pretty much the best food I've ever eaten--plus everyone was dressed in black & white (such a cool effect to look out over the entire room). The entertainment was dueling piano players who knew every song ever written! So here we are....


....and we sat next to the Winders so here they are....

9 brilliant comments:

Unknown said...

Ok...I totally love the organization cabinet. Very IKEAish...so cool. You will have to tell us all about it at the next Stamp group. I really like your fancy pants mic...:-)

Vanessa said...

Hallelujah, finally a new post! Looks like you had fun, and to second Amanda, i need some help w/organization! Glad to have you back!

Palinista! said...

Peentz, I couldn't read ALL that stampy stuff but I visited your blog and I read most and your event looks fun. I'm glad you loved it and did well on your presentation.

Jill said...

LOVE your organizing booth-- that is so cool! Looks like you had a great time in sunny, warm California. SO jealous!!

jaimey said...

I'm so bummed I never got to see your demonstration booth. It looks so cool . . . I think your prize patrol picture from day one is so awesome, too, because you guys genuinely look so excited. :)

Kristi said...

I'm glad you had such a great week in Palm Springs. That organization booth looks so cool! I need to pick up some tips from you. I love eating at Ruby's in Palm Springs too. Yum!

Laurie P. said...

Okay, nobody has mentioned how totally skinny Shanney looks in that pink silky shirt!!! You look amazing in the picture shan! Truly! See you in Feb.!

FriscoFour said...

You look so beautiful!

Vanessa said...

You're right Laur, she looks totally hot!