Sunday, May 17, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos

This year for my birthday, I went to visit my former home!!! It was TRULY the most amazing trip!!!! I really cannot think of one thing I would've changed. Oh wait, I just thought of something--I would've taken more pictures. :)

I arrived Tuesday evening and surprise surprise both Anais and Matt picked me up at the airport, with a cold Diet Coke for all of us in hand! mmmmm Do you see why I love going there? Yeah well that was just the beginning....
Wednesday was my special day--and lucky for me, Anais is currently in the Day Club so we had a day of awesome festivities.....starting with a 2 hour chat w/Sina on Skype.com. Oh it was so so great to talk to her--none of us had talked more than brief emails since they left for Sri Lanka in early April. It was the perfect way to start the day.....and is this picture awesome or what?!?!
Next we took the party to the movie theater!! We saw Valentino: The Last Emporer. Loved it! Click the link if you wanna know more b/c I blogged about it on Movie Mavens. We followed that up w/some quick chips and salsa--sitting outdoors (the weather was actually beautiful) and met up w/Christy. Then Christy and I went to see Matt in Shear Madness @ the Kennedy Center. WOW WAS IT AWESOME!!!

I ended my special day with dinner @ my favorite restaurant...Rio Grande!!! BSGs reunited...Jill, Caroline & me....
...and a shot down the table....Caro, me (mmm quesadillas!), Lacey & Rachel...
...and the other side....Chris, Christy & Anais....
One of the things that set this trip apart from those of the past couple of years was the amount of time that I had with everyone. I got to see all my friends out there at least 3 or 4 times. On Saturday morning, we all gathered at Lacey's house for a Stampin' Up! party!! Robin Merriman, a demonstrator who lives in VA, prepped everything for us....

Christy and Lacey just having a ball....and then below is Amber, Carolyn & Caroline....I don't have any good pics w/Robin--so Robin you've got to send me whatever you have! :)

The rest of the week was filled with a billion other things...shopping, more movies, visiting, one more of Matt's plays (loved it!), Mr. Yogato, walks through the beautiful city & suburbs, late nights, fun tv shows, important CNN business, and then--my friends really spoil me by letting me go to my favorite restaurant as much as I want--even twice a day! This was the 3rd to last time I got to go there....


Anais, me, Lacey, Rachel & Christy....this picture includes a big portion of what I always called my urban family when I lived out there....those that I lived with, laughed with (cheesy but true), watched ALIAS with, etc...I spent some seriously amazing years in DC!!

And that's about the most of it!! Hope you aren't asleep by now because above all, I think this post was mostly for me and the "journal" side of my blog. I'm lucky to still have all these gorgeous people in my life!

8 brilliant comments:

Unknown said...

Photos are forthcoming - I promise! I'm so glad you had the BEST visit! It was very fun to spend time with you and all your buds AND to celebrate your birthday! xoxoxo!

LeAnn said...

Looks like a good time! HB!!!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a fun time and to have a Diet Coke waiting for you once you got off the airplane is fabulous! I'm glad you had a great time.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time! Happy Belated Birthday.

Nate and Sina said...

I love it. And I love our urban family the most. I have a picture at OBX with some of the people who aren't in this pic-- Heather and Carlos, Tom, Matt, and Brian S-- and everyone from this picture. It is my fav!

amylouwhosews said...

I so wish that I could have seen you!! It was such a crazy week here and by the time I talked to you I was not feeling well. Boooooooooooo. Hopefully I'll see you soon. xoxoxox

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon! It looks like you had an amazing time. Yay!!

Jill said...

It was so much fun to have you here I wish you never moved!! It's just not the same without you!!