Monday, December 3, 2007

Prague Part 2

Yay for reinforcements! Caroline sent me a few photos today so a special thanks to you Caro! :)

OK so our last day in Prague (Wednesday, Nov. 21) we decided to spend it w/royalty! We headed up to Prague Castle--with only a small mishap on my part (major detour on the tram--oops. Aren't 12 and 22 the same? I guess not....). But anyway we made it eventually and we started off by watching the changing of the guard.....


Indeed, there's nothin' like a man in uniform! :) This was probably the coldest moment for me in the entire trip.....standing still and watching this take place. It was sooooo cold! But of course it was worth it.

So then we went into St. Vitus's Cathedral, which is probably what many people mistake for the castle b/c it's the pinnicle of the caslte hill area....But it's a beauiful church....so we went in.....and then climbed the clock tower. Yes--we looove those towers!

This time we had an amazing view of Prague from further away....here's the Charles Bridge w/the old town just beyond....

This was maybe the most chaotic tower I've ever climbed--spiral marble--very narrow and steep--and as it turned out, everyone went up and down in the same staircase! YIKES! So we got this on film....there's Shiloh w/her eyes closed again...try as she might....they're stilll closed. :)
We went in one other church and then snapped this fabulous photo....
This is one of my fave pics from the trip of the 4 of us....


We finished up our tour of the castle by going to Golden Row--which is this lovely street. It's basically where the goldsmiths lived way back when....but now it is a stip mall. :) I know I know, I'm not very good w/the details. :) But anyway you might be asking yourself--why didn't they go in the castle? Well we did--but as it turns out, the castle is a very medievil building--like 15th century rooms. It was cool b/c they bulit the place for jousting so men on horses could fit through all the doors and hallways, etc. And as it turns out, this was one of those times when I let everyone else take the photos....or maybe we weren't allowed to take photos inside....

Oh and one of the funnest parts of our time in the castle was going up above the golden row shops and seeing all the torture stuff. Which actually I hated, but at the end of the hall, they had a cross-bow shooting range! So Caro and I paid like 50 cents for 5 arrows. It was way hard to reload and to hit the target! Good times!

So with only a few hours of daylight left in Prague, we headed back to Charles to buy some art--we snapped this pic on the way.....and then this next one you can see Caro and Christy strolling and shopping....

And then....Caro took an action shot of me doing my favorite thing.....

I bought photos from this nice, frozen man. Beautiful photos!!! Can't wait to get them up in my house...

And here we are....prepping for our 2nd overnight train experience. This time we did all the proper checks to make sure there wouldn't be a fine. :)

And here's C&C in Couchette #2. Again--6 beds and only 4 girls. :) This time we were a little better prepared with provisions. And another reason why this train ride was great was we all shared our top 5 songs of all time. I had my iPod speaker thing and we all took turns. It was fun hearing everyone's songs. Even though I've known these girls for more than a combined 19 years--I never would've guessed most of their choices.

So we slept.....with happy anticipation of Krakow.....

2 brilliant comments:

Kristi said...

I love hearing about your travels, but I'm sure I've already told you that! You have great pictures of Prague. I love the red roofs. I hope I can see the pictures you bought there one day!

Heather said...

Some of the pictures are so picturesque that it looks like you Photoshopped yourself in them. It's amazing you were there!