Thursday, July 23, 2009

For Jaron

If it weren't for my nagging friends, I would probably never get any projects completed.....I'm not finished w/my bathroom yet but I'm getting closer. So Jaron....here you go....a few pics of my progress....

Five months ago I introduced this project in this post. The paint has been finished for awhile....next I painted frames and added some gold touches.
I love the way these look w/nothing in them but what I have to put in them is even more fabulous--they are French cosmetic ads from magazines in the 50s. Plus then I glittered them--probably my best glitter creation to date! :) (Wow does the possibility of that make your head spin?) I hope to have them up soon....

A few accessories.....I gold leafed 3 cherubs--one on the counter and these two....

....which are completely ruined by this ridiculous light fixture....must fix that too!

And a close-up....I just used a little spray adhesive and the gold leaf stuck perfectly. It's really worth more than it costs....but then again it only cost me 99 cents for a huge pack (from Savers of course).
I am sooooooooooo glad I decided to paint over the first green which now looks apple green compared to this. I love this color so much! And thanks to my sis who finished the painting whilst I was in Australia!

8 brilliant comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Very fun bathroom! An idea that one of my friends did with her empty frame in her bathroom...she attached little hooks to the wall inside the frame and hung her necklaces on the hooks. It was very cute and functional!

Vanessa said...

And it looks even MORE amazing IRL!!!!

LeAnn said...

You are SO creative! Yes, it is awesome IRL!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, IT! Can you decorate my home????

Lisa said...

Way to go, That looks so cool. I will have to come down and see it in person.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! When I grow up and get my own place I think I'll need to ask for pointers :o)

Jaron Winder said...

This just SCREAMS "Shannon". I LOVE it. I also love the fact that if I nag you enough you will make any posting I request..... well, maybe not any, but you did do this one!!! yahoo!!!!

Michelle said...

Looks beautiful! Great job. Michael and I have been busy getting out place put together too. The "to do" list never ends does it?!

Jill said...

I love it! Seriously-- it looks like it's right out of a catalogue!! You have a gift, my friend!!
xxo