Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Leadership 2010

This year, Stampin' Up! Leadership was in Phoenix. So I headed there last Monday, for the show that ran Wed-Fri. Then on Saturday, we had a Regional event--some of the same demonstrators, some different....
This was truly one of my favorite weeks of work....ever!

But I am still wondering when I will return to normal since I've done nothing but sleep and veg since I got home on Sunday. :)

Here are a few highlights:
Brian....
We went to see Nine one night and basically it was an expensive nap for me (or rather for Andrea since I forgot my credit card! ha!).

We couldn't figure out what Nine stood for since there were only 7 women in the movie. Brian suggested either Nine hours long or Nine confirmed cases of lung cancer after filming...both very likely. :)

Hands down, it was my favorite stage yet....

...and with a blue background...so awesome!
Always a favorite to be w/my coworkers...Me, Carrie, Shiloh and Lisa...

And then almost the same group but w/Amanda...

Prize Patrol is for sure my favorite part of events! :) (Pope, Carrie, me, Angie)

And this picture has become a tradition for me and Amanda at each of our events....
I got to teach a class w/Natalie Travis....it was much more than a class to me....more like a wonderful blessing and experience!
So many demonstrators....so little time....I wish I could have a picture with every one of them! This is Cindy Major from Quebec City....
Georgia Giguere and Lisa Fast (from the mid-west)....
Winona Semler (Edmonton)....


6 brilliant comments:

Jeanelle said...

Such a fun job you have...and I would have loved Phoenix in January!

Anonymous said...

i second that, must be a hardship to fly off to different states...... :-)

Angie said...

:) After we saw that movie I "googled" what Nine means - his child persona is nine years old.

I think that's a silly reason to call it Nine but the book it's based off of is called 8 1/2. ??

It was fun to hang out! We should do it again!!

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an excellent time...and post. :)

Amanda

Cindy Major said...

I agree - best SU! event I've attended so far! You guys never cease to impress. I was telling my Mom all about it and she compared SU! to Disney World, where everything is carefully crafted and planned down to the last detail. I had to agree, because those events are truly the "most magical place on earth" for stampers... ;D

We went to the same movie theaters you guys went to on Saturday night and the only movie that was starting at a reasonable hour was Up in the air. Which turned out to be a total snoozefest.

I had a fabulous time, and it was so nice to get to see you. I can't wait to know where the next Leadership is going to be. My guess would be Las Vegas, since Shelli kept referring to Vegas happy thoughts or Vegas luck on Saturday... That would be such a fun one! Or New Orleans! Can you imagine the possibilities for this one? Cajun food, Mardi Gras Manager's Reception, some Cajun French touches... If this is not on the list yet, you should definitely pass the suggestion along to SU! for me! ;)

I hope you've enjoyed your downtime after Leadership!

Cindy
xox

Lisa said...

Great post. Leadership was fun and it was nice to be somewhere warm for a few days.