Monday, May 5, 2008

The Perfect Pet

Little Robin Red-breast has made my home her home....look closely inside the wreath, which hangs on my front door...

What you are seeing is a little nest where a Robin and her 6 or so eggs reside....here's a close-up....

Isn't that so sweet? I am so glad they feel welcome in my home (or outside my home). I think one reason why I love these little house-guests is b/c of the familiarity I instantly felt towards those darling little pastel eggs...

But don't worry, I'm not going to eat them b/c LeAnn busted out this fabulous bag in Midway last weekend and said I could take it home!!! I did consider selling it on ebay for a minute, since there is no way you could get a bag of these (of any size, not to mention a massive 19oz bag!!), right now. But then I remembered how these are one of two perfect candies and I have to wait nearly a year before they will be available again. :( So sad. So LeAnn, I definitely can't thank you enough! :)

15 brilliant comments:

chelle. said...

cadbury mini eggs (aka chocolate crack) are the best candy ever made, seriously.
i've been stalking your blog for a little bit. i love reading about all the fun stuff you get to do with your job!
and, out of curiosity, what are you going to do with your perfect pet when the eggs hatch?

Vanessa said...

I can come "take care" of that nest for you. And I don't mean raise the damn things either!

Anonymous said...

So cool about the nest. I didn't see the mini eggs connection coming as I was reading the first paragraph. It totally cracked me up to scroll down and see why these eggs were so endearing to you. haha.

Amanda

Unknown said...

Wow...LeAnn is such a great friend to share such coveted chocolate. Love those things.

Jody said...

This is one of the happiest posts I have seen in a long time. I LOVE that a bird built it's nest in your wreath. That is awesome. I equally love that you made the connection with one of my very favorite chocolate treats. You are hysterical, Shan! I had to laugh out loud at that one!

Jalinda said...

I'm glad to see you share in my chocolate lovers obsession with Cadbury Mini Eggs! They are indeed the perfect candy, and I am jealous you have some so long after Easter. I knew I should have stocked up on more of those things! Next year . . .

Kristi said...

I love this post! I can't believe a bird actually built their nest in your wreath! And like Amanda, I didn't see the chocolate connection coming. You are so funny. Keep us posted about your birdies. :)

amylouwhosews said...

I was so bummed that I didn't buy any of those this year. By the time I decided I would indulge I couldn't find them anywhere!

I always loved finding robin's nests when I was little. We seemed to have a lot of them around here.

Anonymous said...

let's make an omelet. i wonder if those little eggs taste the same....

Lindsey

Shannon said...

Wow do some of you have a few childhood horrors that you need to deal with or something? :)

Vanessa said...

Yes, i hate birds, so does Amanda E. If they are in the road, I try to run them over. They poop on your head and i had one swoop at me when i was 10 at the San Diego Zoo. So traumatic!

Heather said...

I love your new pet. So cute!

LeAnn said...

Ahhh...you are so welcome! I knew there was a good reason I saved them! Let's just hope those little birdies move away so that you can sleep in, in peace!

Vanessa said...

FYI: I went to your house today to get my cake holder, and when I approached your door, one of the crazy birds flew out of the wreath and NEARLY ATTACKED ME!!!!!!!!!! What the HELL???? Birds have it out for me I tell you! You will be hearing from my lawyer.

Palinista! said...

I never knew that about the birds but apparently Zoey did. That's great and all but I still think Charolette was the best pet yet. PS what's with the country mu? I like Sarah Evans pretty much though, she is so pretty . . .