Thursday, February 25, 2010

Daddy Daughter Date

You may not believe that I started this post BEFORE Vanessa posted her entry yesterday...but it's true--I swear it!!! I just misplaced my camera so I couldn't post it until I had the pictures to go with the entry. So read below what I wrote a couple days ago, then for a good chuckle, go check out Vanessa's post about her daughter...


If I were Vanessa, I would start this post off by scanning the pic of me and Dad sitting on the bales of hay, wearing plaid @ my Young Women Daddy Daughter Date....but alas I don't have a clue where that picture is so unfortunately I will only speak of my recent DDD.

Anyway last Friday morning, my Dad called me and asked me if I wanted to go see Billy Joel and Elton John that night. Um....that would be a big fat YES!!!! And we had a fabulous night watching the Rocket Man and the Piano Man duel....definitely the best dueling piano show I have ever seen! And probably the best I will ever see!

They opened together, playing Your Song. And WOW I couldn't have been happier since Moulin Rouge is my favorite movie. My other faves were Tiny Dancer, Crocodile Rock, Movin' Out and of course, Piano Man. It was an amazing show!!!
This is actually our 2nd DDDate to see Elton John and I love that I am the designated concert partner (at least when my mom doesn't feel like going). Thanks Dad!!! The dates with you just keep getting better and better!!

4 brilliant comments:

Vanessa said...

Bales of hay? I remember one of my dad sitting in a rocking chair, but did I go to the DDD with the bales of hay??

So funny that we posted this same topic days apart.

Glad you had a fun night with your dad and doing something you love! Concerts!

That Girl said...

That is so sweet that you go to concerts with your dad. :) My dad has terrible taste in music, so unless I went with him to see the Kingston Trio or something equally as horrible, he wouldn't go to a concert. lol.
That is one FANTASTIC concert. Saw them in Vegas and would totally go see them again!

Lisa said...

That is awesome. I'm glad you had a great time :)

jasonbob said...

lebron 18
golden goose sneakers
golden goose outlet
lebron 16 shoes
curry 6
jordan 11
kd 10
calvin klein
supreme clothing
adidas yeezy