Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Brisbane, pt. 2

So Friday was show day 1...and show days always start early. I snapped this pic about 5:45am just after waking up....

The Brisbane skyline....you can almost see the river....we weren't downtown but in Southbank--which if you ask me is even a better location than being downtown.

Registration started earlier than planned--we were ready so we opened around 7:45am....so much excitment!!


Being around demonstrators is the funnest part of events for me so I'm uploading a lot of pictures of them....this next pic is Teresa and Alisa--they presented Workshop Wows on Friday. Amazing stampers!! And fab presenters too!


Then at 8:00 we opened Memento Mall--which is where demos can buy all kinds of logo merchandise (shirts, trinkets, business supplies, etc.)

And at 10 the show began w/a welcome from Shelli (our owner & CEO).
Linda & Spencer got to help out behind the scenes this time...we were all multitasking...

Then it was on to classes--I taught one on Booking Workshops and had a different demonstrator help me in each class....this is Ngaire. She had some amazing advice!

And then this is Cherita--after class. I met both Ngaire & Cherita in Perth last June--they are two fabulously wonderful ppl and it was so great to see them again!
Friday night we ran over to the market nearby for a few minutes after all the classes were over...Carrie, me, Emma....

And then Saturday I taught watercolouring....tough day at the office. :)

Saturday afternoon we had a couple more WOW presenters--Jacque & Jayne--getting mic'd up by Jason. They did awesome too--I never tire of seeing their ideas...

And this pic is w/3 Queensland demos--Stephanie, Vicki & Nicki...And this is a pic as we were taking down and packing up....we took about 12 pics to get one w/Linda's eyes open...Carrie, Linda, me...
Next and final posting will be awards night and the trip home....the two most eventful and exciting parts of the trip!!! :)

8 brilliant comments:

Vanessa said...

You have a total dream job!

Anonymous said...

it seems you had a lovely time. too bad it was slightly troubled by the trip home, and the fact that you didn't even get to live my birthday this year--let alone experience it w/ me. furthermore, i'm still waiting for a pic of the said violet handbag as promised in the brisbane part 1. or did you actually buy it for me for my birthday and you decided to keep it a surprise? or maybe you decided to keep it and give me something less cool.... hmmm....
---Love from your favorite little sister. (i.e. Lindsey)

Jalinda said...

Brisbane looks amazing! What a cool job. Its fun to see you as a working woman! I'm still waiting to see the said purple handbag too.

Heather said...

You look so amazing in all those pics! And you are so perfect for your job.

Seeing pics of Brisbane makes me sooo want to go there again. Fun stuff!

Kristi said...

It's so cool that you're in AUS for the convention. What great energy to be around! I'm so glad you're a facilitator now - it's perfect! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about it!

Shannon said...

ok ya'll are going to be disappointed w/the handbag--and the only pic i have is a bad one so i'll try to take another and post soon....

Jalinda said...

Shannon--tell Jeff I'm glad I could share some excellent Def Leppard on my blog for his enjoyment. That was fun to hear from him. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I left a msg a few days ago...didn't save? Weird.

Anyway...looks like a totally fun trip.
Vegamite meals for you?