Monday, April 14, 2008

Brisbane, pt. 1

Just got home a business trip to Brisbane, Australia--late last night...or really early this morning. We were delayed several times--such a nightmare. The whole week was sooooooooooooo amazing and I smile whenever I think about it b/c it far exceeded my already too high expectations! It was Convention--so basically the biggest celebration of the year!


So here's a recap....

Sunday night, me and 4 of my coworkers flew SLC to LAX and then on to Brisbane. I took this first pic in LAX b/c there's something about that airport that I just totally love....and I guess this board sort of explains it. Look at all the places you could go!!!! Plus from where we were sitting in front of this, I could see the check-in counters where Syd Bristow checked in on her way to Taipei in the ALIAS pilot. "What lipstick are you wearing? It totally pops!"
Carrie & I went a day earlier than we needed to be there b/c we wanted to see the city, get acclimated, and become one w/the Australian culture.....so we went shopping all day!!! :) Our first stop: Queen Street mall. We didn't buy too much--a few souvenirs and of course I had to get a handbag....it's the violet one that will be in later pics. :)

It's weird but I always love going in convenience and drug stores in other countries. First we went straight to the candy aisle....they have delicious treats there!!

....then I struggled to find a replacement for my bottle of Rave that evaporated on the plane. And for the record--there still is nothing that compares! :)

Next we found a cool outdoor bar for some delish lunch!! And we attempted to take a self-timer but then things when a bit awry....we caused a bit of a ruckus!! haha
That night I went to "Step Up 2" while Carrie opted to read a book (what like that movie wasn't enough of a pull? haha). Then Aaron and B arrived from Sydney and we went to a yum yum Turkish restaurant. That was my first Turkish experience. :)
The next day we had an easy morning....breakfast, shopping, lunch and Emma finally arrived from Auckland! :) Then we started to set-up in the afternoon.
That night, me, Emma, Carrie & B went to a delish Greek restaurant....and sometimes I take pictures of my food (thanks to Jaime! :).
And here's B & Emma....

And that's it for my first posting....more tomorrow but first I need to send in my taxes! :)

9 brilliant comments:

Jalinda said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see more about it. : )

Vanessa said...

You are such a world traveler! I look forward to the next installment! Glad you are back! I needed a new post from you!

Jody said...

Welcome back, my dear! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad.

Lisa said...

Hey Welcome back. I can't wait to hear more about it. Fun pictures :)

jeanette said...

How would it be to go somewhere exciting all of the time? You are quite the world traveler you know. I'm jealous, it looked so fun. I'm really getting into this blogging thing so I'm glad you and Hillary have one. It's been fun to see what you are up to without having to wait for the next family party.

Jill said...

WOW! Looks like you had a blast! I can't wait to see your new purse!! So glad you had a great time. I love your job. And I love you loving your job so much which is why I love you. LOVE, me.

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I loved being able to re-live our totally fun day! You were so much fun to hang out with.

-Carrie

Heather said...

I love all the pics! And the food looks amazing. Are you a fan of sushi?

Shannon said...

mild fan of sushi, heather. in fact i didn't know it was going to be smoked salmon....but it was yummy still!