Monday, February 18, 2008

Oakland

This past weeked, I went to Oakland on a business trip. Billions of good times are what we had! So here's a recap...
Thursday I picked up Lisa, and we soon met up w/Jaron. Thanks heavens for medallion status....we skipped security which was a relief b/c the lines were terrible and not only would we have missed our flight, but we would've missed breakfast too! No--we just couldn't have that!

I think pics like these are probably illegal but whatever--I wanted to capture the beginning of our trip somehow. :) Anyway we arrived.....

Jaron, Darlene, Lisa and me on the shuttle to the hotel (do you think I look like Ronnie Milsap?)


Checked in, set up.....

Lori & Lisa....

....and Me & Jaron setting up

And then Jaron, Lisa & I headed to downtown San Francisco.

Here they are on the BART just as we went under the water and our ears had to adjust. :) Once we got into the city, we immediately happened upon thousands of people standing in a square, waiting for the clock to chime 6pm....and when it did, this is what we saw....

Indeed we just happened upon the biggest pillow fight in the world! Apparently this is one of San Francisco's Valentine's Day traditions. It was awesome! Then we were off to Pier 39 for some delish seafood & magnet shopping.

On our way back to Oakland, we saw the pillow fight again because more than 2 hours later, it was still going on!
And so we wandered around and found this cool waterfall...and just had a grand ole time.

Friday & Saturday were show days and everything went really well. Have I mentioned before how much I love my job.....but really.....I do!!!

Here's Jaron at the end of one of the days making fun of me....yes that's right, I went on stage w/my jacket buttoned improperly. :) Like I said, billions of good times!

And here I am w/my crown--and the crown's creator. And just a note, this shirt that I'm wearing is super cha-cha! At least that's what a demonstrator told me. :)

Saturday night we went back into SF to find H&M. We heard it was there and we were determined to find it.....and SUCCESS!!

We did find it but by the time we got there, we were so worn out and hungry that it was a shorter shopping trip than I would've liked. We needed fuel! Oddly, we had time for one more stop---at possibly the most amazing accessory store I've ever laid eyes on. There is no equal!! I can only compare it to the ring store in Ukraine where I would spend hours trying to decide which of the sparkly gems to purchase! I bought a headband that I really think I might wear every day for the rest of my life! It deserves its own post so I'll not put a picture here right now...

Sunday we came home.....and that's the end.

11 brilliant comments:

Jody said...

Shan-

Sounds like a great trip! I love the description of the headband. Excited to see it.

xoxxxo

Unknown said...

Those are fun pics! It's great to see them after hearing about the trip from Lisa-I am also excited to see the headband and as always-love the song you picked for your blog today :o)

Vanessa said...

Wow, such a great multi-media post! Yes, you do look like Ronnie Milsap, but a skinny Ronnie. Looks like a great time!

Anonymous said...

I am so very jealous of your job!!! And of all the fun places you travel!!! I love San Fran! I so didn't know there was a H&M there! You look FABULOUS!!!!

LeAnn

Kristi said...

That sounds like a great trip! I miss working and traveling with you guys! That is so crazy about the pillow fight! How perfect that you got there in time to witness that!

Mommy Shar said...

Hey Shannon- I found you through the old blog train and thought I would say hello. Man you make me miss work. :*( I hope all is going well for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I'm glad. :) I can't believe I haven't talked to you about the trip yet. But I guess now I don't have to b/c I got to read it. I love SFO....it's one of the best places to visit!

Amanda

Unknown said...

We had so much fun. I wish we were still there. Love the new look.

Heather said...

You look so stylin' in every picture! It looks like it was a fun trip!

Palinista! said...

Stampy, stampy, stampy, I'll have to read all that later since it's 12:30 and I still have to feed chubs and take kids potty etc. before bed. Jaron's pics do make me laugh and how cool was it that I saw you on Fox News at the pillow fight?! Well, at least I saw the pillow fight . . . :(it's so cool too that you taught me how to express my emotions in text simply using puncuation marks :) . . . how many people can use them for a dual purposes like this! Now that's pure talent!!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I think you left out the part about the CPK dinner! :) LOL Thanks again for a great time! Patty