Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Birthdays!

Yesterday and today were two very important days....

Dad's birthday was on the 26th...we had the best family party, mexican theme complete w/festive decor, margaritas, delicious cuisine, pinning the tail on the donkey and even a pinata!

Here's Dad opening presents, surrounded by the Z's...

Mikey takes his turn with the pinata..... And then all the "kids" dove in after the candy (yes, that's Jeff!).

The top 3 things I love about my dad are:

  • He's the most generous person I know (he takes us all on trips all the time)
  • He always wants to know everything about me and my life
  • He never missed a game or a concert! :)

Too bad he won't ever read this so he'll never know all these nice things that I've said about him. :( Love you Dad!

And now for birthday #2: Today is Jill's birthday!! It's sad to not be able to celebrate w/her but she'll be here this weekend and I can't wait to see her!!

This is Jill and Caroline this past November...aren't they pretty? My beautiful blonde bombshells!

Top 3 moments with Jill:
  • Florida the first time--the beach, the diet coke, the Tiger Beat, the concert (sigh)
  • Greyhound trip to NYC--hello kitty cd player, no sleep, the press conference, seeing our boys again.....what an amazing weekend! wait--that was actually a Tuesday! :)
  • Our walk last Sept when I was in DC--good scenery, good exercise and great conversation!
  • ok there's one more--the Italian restaurant in Georgetown right after you volunteered at Earth day. hahahaha

Happy Birthday Jill! I love you!

Lastly, but not leastly, today is also Lori's birthday! Here she is in all her birthday glory!! You might recognize her from some of my business trip postings--we are on the same team so we work closely all the time. I'm so lucky to have such awesome coworkers! Lori is always happy, kind and fun & easy to talk to! Hope your b-day was awesome Lola! ;)

6 brilliant comments:

Amber said...

I'm so sorry you missed the party. It would have been so much more fun to have you, Jill and Caroline doing a BSB number together!! Can you imagine?!?!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday Bishop, I mean Bill...wow, you are old, but look great!

Happy Birthday to Jill from her fan club! (yes, you have a fan club, just ask Shannon, she thinks we are weird) Have a great birthday!

Heather said...

You always give the sweetest tributes!

Jill said...

Shannon! You are the best friend EVER! Thank you for the beautiful, sweet birthday tribute! Florida will always be a great memory because of you! BSB4EVER!

Kristi said...

Your family always has great parties!

Anonymous said...

Shanny, Thanx so much for the comments on dad and the party. Your blogspot is GRAND. I enjoyed it very much and felt like I was having a very heart-felt converstaion w/ you. Hope you have a great time in Tulsa -- wish I was there.

p.s. I'll make sure dad sees the blog.

Love, MOM