Sunday, March 2, 2008

Strange Attractions

Jen has a comment on everything....she's so funny and so I MUST steal one of her postings on strange attractions. But before I launch into my strange attractions, I'll just say that my one wish....ONE WISH....is that everyone that reads this would actually comment b/c I just love knowing what ya'll think. Just in case you didn't know, YOU CAN comment even if you don't have a blog--just click anonymous--then sign your name if you feel like it. Or don't. It will be funny either way. P.S. you don't have to know me either--just leave a comment anyway!

Now back to strange attractions....what I'd like to know is WHO are you strangely attracted to? My list is so long that I won't bother making it complete....so I'll just stick w/one....RED HEADS! I pretty much love ALL of them....but Damain Lewis is my current fave. I am ecstatic that Life has been renewed for more episodes!!! I can't wait. CAN'T WAIT! And if you haven't seen Band of Brothers, you need to get in your car right now and drive to Blockbuster!!! (or just buy it on ebay for $25 like I did).

OK now it's your turn....

36 brilliant comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. Your posts are the greatest. I love that Xanadu is your site track! THANKS FOR THE COPY OF THE CD!!!! :) I will listen and have great memories....

Okay...strange attraction. Welll, strange for me was Jamaika b/c he's this big guy and before him I'd never been into the whole body building/bulky scene (he doesn't body build but he looks like it!). But I'm attracted to personality and style more than anything else and his fit the mark.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Red. Black. Blonde. Brown. Blue. Who cares the hair color.

Just make them DECLISIOUS. my strange attraction is men.

figure out the 'strange' yourself.

amylouwhosews said...

I love Jack Black! He's so cute in a comedian borderline crazy sort of way!

Alyssa said...

Hmm. Strange attractions? That's a tough one. I'm not sure I'm willing to confess. At the moment I'm fond of Josh Duhamel, but there's nothing strange about that.

I do like redheads, too, though.

Melissa said...

Hands down, it's Criss Angel. Extremely attracted! Unbelievable blow-your-mind illusions AND he's absolutely gorgeous - what better combo?!?! :)

josh and karah said...

I used to have a strange attraction to Anderson Cooper. Mostly because he has 2 last names. That was a while ago though... Josh is strange! :)

Anonymous said...

It's not the red hair, but the freckles I'm strangley attracted to...I love Jon Gruden (Buccaneers Coach) and Jason Bateman.

Carrie

Shannon said...

Indeed Alyssa I think it would be strange NOT to be attracted to Josh Duhamel. :) And Karah--I'm attracted to people w/2 first names! haha like Damian Lewis. :) Or Clive Owen. so funny!

Laurie P. said...

hahaha Vanessa your killing me!! I would have never guessed! Okay, strange attractions for me? ... ugh how embarrasing... Older Men!!!

Kimi D said...

maybe redheads aren't such an odd attraction, since i have the fever too. aside from my first kiss (blake carlson), jr. high crush (johnny stratton), and favorite ex-boyfriend (jordan gibb), i currently crush on prince harry and rupert grint (ron weasley)!!

Unknown said...

Actually...Kevin James from King of Queens...not sure why but he totally cracks me up!

Unknown said...

So I have to throw in a quote from The Office:
Dwight Schrute: You know what, immitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so I thank you. [Jim places bobblehead on desk] Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of families suffer every year!
Jim Halpert: Michael!
Dwight Schrute: Oh that's funny. Michael!
I love that you did strange attractions! That is awesome! And speaking of The Office-I think I might have to throw in Dwight as another one of my strange attractions-he's very intense.....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jody said...

My strange attraction is Richie Sambora. Have mercy! I love the wife beater shirts, sun glasses and 2008 version of the classic mullet. He has been a strange attraction of mine for some time. I might add that his sidekick John Bon Jovi is a hot one in his own right.

Anonymous said...

What is strange about liking Damien Lewis? My strange attractions? Well, every now again there is a particular student that is really cool. . .

Jill said...

Regis Philbin. KIDDING. Could you imagine? I can't think of anyone I'm strangely attracted to...oh, I know...SIMON COWELL!

Vanessa said...

Holy 17 comments, i think that is a record!

Nate and Sina said...

Ok, after much thought, I haven't come up with a category of strange attractions, rather a list, that for the sake of your begging for comments, I will post for the world wide web...or however may readers you happen to have.

Here are people I have been strangely attracted to:
1. Kid Rock
2. Jim Carrey
and the big, what the HELL...
3. George W Bush

I can't believe I just put that in writing.

Shannon said...

Laur--there's nothing to be embarassed about older men (I'm thinking of Pierce Brosnan....Sean Connery...) Kimi--I know I can speak for both me and Sina when I say we prefer Harry over Wills! And Sina--who doesn't crush on the most powerful man in the universe (albeit strange! :) I am having such a good laugh from all ya'lls comments!!!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I have to agree about the red headed boys. Last week at work, two of my three patients were red headed boys. One was 12 and one was 11 months. They were just too cute!
Thanks for getting the pirate stamps for me. They are cute too.
Marcie

Kimi D said...

I remembered another - The Artist Formerly Known as Prince...he still sends chills!

Anonymous said...

Great subject! I've been thinking about this one...and I'm not reading the other posts as to taint my response. I would have to say as far as guys go it would be Vince Vaughn. He's not drop dead gorgeous, he is cute, but there is something about him that I LOVE and can't get enough of! He is just so funny and talks so fast! LOVE him!! I'm posting now cause I can't wait to see what everyone wrote!
LeAnn

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Palinista! said...

Peentz, some pretty weird attractions here. Wills and Harry aren't a strange attraction, now P. Charles on the other hand . . . Here are some of mine:
-Matt from biggest loser #1
-Trace Atkins (I love that he's on The Apprentice - he had his shirt off last episode)
-Sarah McLachlan mostly her soul but I can't say I could keep my hands off her if the moment was right! (but everyone already knows that about me right?)

Mommy Shar said...

So you love comments huh? Is is cool that I am still looking at your blog? I was never a fan of redheads until my niece Shae came along. You can see her a ways done on my blog. She is a real cutie, you would like her. How's good old SU treating ya?

Anonymous said...

Shan, I agree. I've always loved red heads and Damian Lewis has always been my "perfect" guy - espesh in band of brothers. let me soothe his aching heart!..sigh... Love him and can't wait for Life. ;)

- Caroline.

Anonymous said...

Here's a strange attraction. Men named after cities in Wyoming and Mississippi.

CHEYENNE?

JACKSON?


oh wait....that's the only one...



but still....yes please.....

Anonymous said...

Ha ha i check you out a never comment but i am totally gonna now.

Ok keep in mind I am a 31 yr old wife and mother to 3. My attraction all be it not very STRANGE is Patrick Dempsey aka Mc Dreamy.!! The other would be Country Musicians or cowboys.

Ok there ya have it. Love your blog keep on a posting Darling. PS. I am a friend of Tricia whom served with your sister. ;-)

Shannon said...

now you're talkin---although being attracted to Cheyenne Jackson is the farthest thing from strange!

strange is the fact that i liked Ross better than Chandler OR Joey!! haha

Palmers said...

Blogging at 4 am? Yes, I found your blog from Jody's! We had our baby, thus me up at this early hour. :) I love your creative blog look. You can see our blog at palmerfamilyblog.blogspot.com

I'll try not to make VT appts into blogging appointments. :) But fun to find you!

Nate and Sina said...

I LOVE ROSS!! That really is a strange attraction now that you mention it. There is nothing strange about Sawyer-- he is a good looking version of Kid Rock and doesn't have the Pamela Anderson baggage!

Vanessa said...

LeAnn and I both love Denis Leary. Can't wait for "Rescue Me" to start this summer. . .love that Tommy Gavin!

Sandstone Writings said...

My strange attraction is Travis Briscoe. He's a redhead, he's cute and he is a professional bull rider. I'm one strange woman! AKA Alyssa's mom!

Amber said...

Short guys. I know, it's totally weird. But I once went on this trip for work and met this guy who had to put his elbow "up" on my shoulder for a photo. I couldn't get enough of him and couldn't stop myself from touching him.

Anonymous said...

My sweet Shanimal- you can now quit nagging me daily about writting on this thing :)
My strange attraction? Stupid teeny-booper shows. Shows hoe old I am when I even use a term like teeny-booper. GAG! I love:
Gossip Girl
The OC (R.I.P)
One Tree Hill- (should be R.I.P)
What I like about you.
Saved by the bell- what the????

Love them, addicted to them.... the end.
Jaron

Anonymous said...

Peents, it seems I am always a little behind on things...i.e. the 48th person to comment.
I suppose my strange attraction is to women in hollywood....ok maybe just a few....ok really just 1. The one and only Catherine (Zeta-Jones for those of you who have not met me). Even though I don't think any attraction to her is strange, man or woman. The only strange attraction is really her attraction to Michael Douglas. She must be attracted to his glory days as Jack T. Colton in Romancing the Stone.

Lindsey