Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Convention Highlights

Well as you may have guessed....Convention was AMAZING!!!! Here are a few highlights....

Emma arrived on Saturday and we spent a couple nights in Midway. Emma is my fabulous coworker from New Zealand. She came to town for Convetion....Amanda Romualdo (another coworker who lives here) was in Midway too but somehow I didn't manage to get a photo of her. :(
Monday we started to set up....and then headed to the Gateway afterwards for a little ice cream (yum!!) L to R: Jaron, me, Angie McClure & Lisa Pope.
My booth was on display again...this time inside a massive display case....

This year my class was Demonstrator Theater, in which I got to work with these 3 fabulous demonstrators (L to R: Mary Polcin, Marlayne Hardy & Wendy Knowles). We taught about all kinds of things that have to do with workshops. This pic is taken backstage on the last day (sniff sniff...I hate goodbyes!).
Angie was the producer for Demo Theater....
Jana was the stage manager--made sure we got on stage at the right time, etc....

Jillian made me pretty every day....

And of course we had a night filled with awards.....which is definitely a highlight for me! I love seeing and hearing all about what demonstrators have accomplished over the past year....this pic is Shiloh and my mom (my upline and my downline....awe!)
Me & Carrie during awards....
Me and Mom eating lunch....
And then during the last general session, after a round of prize patrol (which is one of my most favorite things!!!!), I followed my mom back to her seat to sit w/her a bit....and about died when she was sitting right next to Sarah--my cutest friend from High School!! I knew Sarah was there but I hadn't seen her since check-in and it was pretty crazy that w/6000 people in the room, they were sitting side-by-side. :)
Afterwards, we ate at one of my fave restaurants: Greek Souvalaki. yummmm! L to R: Amanda, me, Shiloh, Jaime & Angie. Then we went to see the Dark Knight....or as Jaron put it, we paid the movie theater good money to sleep in their uncomfortable chairs. haha
But in the end we still couldn't go to bed b/c we didn't want it all to end. Wake up, Jaron! And there's me again doing my best vampire impersonation! Of course that was all in honor of Breaking Dawn. :)
And that's pretty much what's been occupying me over the past 1.5 weeks.....gripping, isn't it? :)

11 brilliant comments:

Unknown said...

You have been busy!

Love your organization display...this time under lock & key huh?

Kade asked his dad after he got back from The Dark Knight..."Dad, was the Dark Knight, dark?"
I would have to answer yes for him...reason I wasn't interested to see it.

Lisa said...

Wow you are quick on the convention recap.

My favorite was when Jaron and I walked out of the movie theater he said and "Now Lisa is going to explain the whole movie on the way back to our hotel because I couldn't tell you a single thing about it." My other Favorite was Mamma Mia. We were a little more energetic for that movie :) good times at convention.

Jody said...

Looks so fun, Shan! Wish I could have been there. What good times. Love to you!

Vanessa said...

What a small world to see Sarah B. amongst all those peeps. She looks the same! BTW, you look hot! (and I'm not talking about the temp.)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, what a fab post even if it was done in the middle of the night!!! Hope you thought of me upon waking...hehe Your photos look amazing and yes just like Vanessa said.....HOT!! You look so happy which means you had a blast! Thanks for sharing your amazing experience with us.
Love keesh xx

Carrie Cudney said...

I'm so glad that you took lots of pictures at convention, cause I didn't take any! I can always count on you to document how much fun we have.

I was just thinking...didn't you start your blog during convention last year? We should totally have an anniversary party or something!

LeAnn said...

Looks like a week of pure FUN!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,
I've just LOVED hearing about all your convention news, what a lot of fun you guys had, and then how wonderful spending a day at the cabin, relaxing and stamping! You all work SO hard and certainly deserved it! I loved the make and takes you shared too!! Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
Love Ngaire

Patty Bennett said...

Just had to say THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING WEEK... you all put so much work into making sure we have an awesome time... you and your team are AMAZING! I'm blessed to know you! Patty

Palinista! said...

Don't do that again, it was too hard on your shadow!!

PS our Mom is cute with her stampy self.

Shannon said...

Yeah I forgot that part, Lisa. Mamma Mia Monday night was definitely one of the best parts for me as well!!!! Waaaaaaay better than movie #2 that I am trying to forget (which won't be hard considering the small %age of it that I actually say).

Thank you so much all you sweet people for all the nice things you said! And Hill I totally agree--Mom looks cute!!! :)