Thursday, August 21, 2008

My New Best Friend!

My sister & her family went to "Mountain Rushmore" last week (read all about it)....and brought me home such an amazing treasure! Zane told me on the phone that they bought me something so I would never have to roam alone again. So, since they were in South Dakota, I was thinking they bought me a buffalo or something. haha Probably a buffalo magnet to add to my collection (of magnets, not buffalos).

Instead, they presented me with my new best friend!!! I am so excited to take him everywhere with me! As you can see, he absolutely loved his first day at work today!
Yes it's true, I HAVE MY VERY OWN GARDEN GNOME! And if you've seen Amelie (one of my top 5 movies), you'll know how exciting this is!

So thanks to Amelie, my garden gnome is French, and I am naming him Alain (because of my weird obsession w/the swimmer who talked smack about our US team, then lost! He didn't get the gold so the least I can do is name my gnome after him. :)
Roses--thank you so much for thinking of me! This is one of the best gifts I've ever been given!!!
Next up.......trip recap!

5 brilliant comments:

Vanessa said...

Don't lie, you love buffalo's! I home Alain is going to NYC with us.

amylouwhosews said...

Oh Man!! I wish Alain had been with you here! I would love a picture of him with my kids! and my fabric. . .

Your fabric is coming today!

Lisa said...

You crack me up. Great Post. Can wait to see Alain on some of our regionals this year.

Palinista! said...

yea, I had no idea you would welcome this little guy so warmly into your life. I think he's pretty cute and small enough you can pack him and not be charged an arm and a leg by Delta :).

Unknown said...

Is bobble head Dwight still out there somewhere?