Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Visiting Virginia

A little update on my fabulous trip back east. I went to my former homeland for about 5 days to visit my people and see some "old friends." So here's a little recap....
I arrived Friday night and Saturday morning, we did brunch at my favorite restaurant: Rio Grande!!! L to R: me, Lacey, Darci, Rachel, Christy & Anais. It was once again the most delicious meal of my life!!!

Then Christy and I went to see Vicky Christina Barcelona and I am going to review it on Movie Mavens so go there if you want to know more about it. Saturday night, Matt took me & Christy on the most amazing, fabulous, midnight tour of the city...... Me & Matt right at the beginning of the tour...he took us on this tour even after a full-days work. So kind and generous....
Our fabulous Capital--isn't it beautiful??
Me & Chris in front.....

One of my favorites of the evening!


Matt took this pic....it might fit into his "art, people" category. Even though it looks like it's taken from the 2nd story--it wasn't. Perplexing, isn't it?

And one more "art" photo by Matt...

It was a fabulous weekend, including a delicious dinner after the tour at the ever-so-famous Georgetown Cafe, and also a fun dinner party @ Darci's Sunday night....but lame-o me didn't take any other photos....the next time I got my camera out was Monday evening at Wolftrap....
Yes indeed...it was time for another concert!!! Me, Jill & Caro went to see our boys perform once again. This time we were joined by Amber, Julianna, Sarah & Jill J. Jill and Amber both have awesome postings so click their names for more fabulous pics!! We started off w/a little picknicking.
Sadly, there are only 4 of them now. Kevin has retired and really it just wasn't the same for me. However, one amazing discovery I made--something that I'd never noticed before--was that the other 4 are actually very entertaining!! haha
4 Angels.....one of the best parts of the concert was when they did the "I'll Never Break Your Heart" lounge singer act. I never thought I'd get to see that again live--so it was a special treat!!

Always one of the saddest moments for me...



Me & Caro at the end of the concert and the beginning of what I've always called the BSH (Backstreet hangover). That aside, it was so much fun!! We had amazing seats and had the greatest time reminiscing.

Then we found ourselves in the biggest traffic jam of all time....and before I knew it, Julianna & I were standing in front of one of the buses having a little chat w/Brian & Howie. Jill snapped this next pic with my camera--but sadly I had turned off the flash during the concert....so it ended up a bit "art-ish" also... Bye bye AJ!

Tuesday, Christy & I went to visit Amy and her darling kids in Stafford. We had such a nice time visiting and lunching.

It was such a great trip--just catching up w/everyone and seeing my beloved city. I miss it all so much!!! Really I can't imagine how less colorful my life would be w/out my DC chapter. I'm so lucky!!

4 brilliant comments:

amylouwhosews said...

good times. I was so happy to see you!

That is a handsome little baby!

Leah said...

Wow! What a fun life!! Looks like you had a fabulous time. Nothing better than good music & good friends!

Lisa said...

I love the Backstreet boys!! You never told me you got to chat with them. That's so awesome :)

Vanessa said...

LOVE the helmet! Never thought I would say that. And great pics of "your boys."