Sunday, October 26, 2008

Edmonton

Last weekend I got to go to Edmonton on a business trip. The show was so fabulous--I had such a good time w/the ever fabulous Canadian demonstrators!

We also got to mingle with our Canadian office coworkers--Carrie & Dale. Jaron and I paused for a quick pic w/Carrie....
Other than the event, the most exciting thing we did was visit the mall--which is the largest mall in North America! And indeed...it was massive. Here are a few things that you'll find there....
A wave pool....
Waterfalls and waterslides....
A mini-sized petting zoo (the animals were all minis, not the zoo itself)....
Bumper cars and a huge pirate ship....







Bourbon street w/many delicious restaurants....we went to Mike's Burgers or something like that....truly so delish (espesh the Diet Coke!)....and so we captured the moment (as well as the cheesy vinyl sayings).....me & Linda...

There was also an H&M, an amusement park, a few other stores (tons!), and even an ice skating rink where they played co-ed hockey after hours! So much to do, so little time.

And then maybe the coolest thing about the whole trip was the fact that all 3 of us had walk-out sliding glass doors to what was formerly a pool, or an open-air courtyard but now is a mini-stage in the form of a pagoda. Truly magnificent!! :) Just beyond the pagoda you could see our doors if you knew what to look for. I was hoping for a nightly viewing of the King & I, while Jaron was sure this was a former set for America's Next Top Model....

Alas we were both wrong when we saw a wedding reception here Saturday night (so predictable! :( haha)

7 brilliant comments:

MerriLynn said...

I want to go now, with my chitlins! That looks awesome.

LeAnn said...

I'm not sure I'd go to the mall to have a run at the waterslides and wave pool. I'm all about the shopping! Interesting hotel! Cute pictures of you in your silver glittery shirt!

Lisa said...

Wow what a mall. Looks like you had a great time.

Vanessa said...

Have I mentioned you have the best job ever?

Jaron Winder said...

Have I mentioned how you have the best traveling companions of any job in the world????? Wel then.....

Cass said...

We LOVED having you in Edmonton! Glad you liked the mall...it's pretty crazy, isn't it! Come again soon!

Jill said...

When can we talk about your fun silvery shirt!!???! LOVE IT!!