Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goodbye to an Era

On Friday, I had a sad moment when I learned that MTV's TRL was CANCELED (Thanks for breaking it to me gently, Vanessa)! And even though I haven't been watching it for years, I will always love it b/c it changed my life. No--I'm not exaggerating! I mean who else can say they've spent 6 hours w/all 5 of the Backstreet Boys & Carson Daly? Yeah, that's what I thought. :) Not to mention my darling friend Erin--we never would've met if it weren't for this show!!

TRL is the American Bandstand of my "generation." How could it just be over? I thought video killed the radio star? Are we doomed to a life of the Hills and Real World/Road Rules challenges?

I had a great laugh at this video which is sort of a tribute and sort of a mockery....enjoy!



Farewell my beloved TRL! I'll forever be grateful for all the unforgettable experiences!!


7 brilliant comments:

Kim said...

Right back at you! I am so glad to finally meet you. I have checked your blog out a few times and now I finally get to meet the girl with the beautiful glitter eye. You were fun to hang out with and even though I left early I am glad I let my hair down a little bit with you young gals. Take care.

Lisa said...

Ok so I must be out of the loop because I just heard about TRL being canceled this morning. That is so sad. It is an end of a era :) Wow 10 years, that is a long time.

Vanessa said...

Homely girls in the audience crying?? Sounds a little like Saturday night! j/k. . .well not really.

I'm sad its gone, not that i ever really watched it lately, but its an end of an era. And, I think I saw you at the BSB performance. And no, you weren't one of the homely girls crying.

That Girl said...

Ha ha. I was sad to see that it was cancelled as well. And, yes, I think we are doomed to reality TV on MTV, and not just reality TV, but BAD reality TV...

LeAnn said...

Really, I didn't think it was still on...and I think they stopped playing the most requested videos on that show like 5 years ago when Carson left...it's been down hill since then. But yes, so sad! I hear ya! Funny video!

Jill said...

That was an awesome, sweet Friend!
TRL means Y-O-U and BSB to me and I can't believe it's the end. Does this mean we are old folgy's now? We were one of the lucky ones being on TRL with our boys and I'm not sure anything will top that excitement. It's true. We're old now. What a sad thought. Because adults can't cry on cue and scream at young boys. It looks bad.

Laurie P. said...

I loved the spoof video you included. CLASSIC!