Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Vanessa!

Vanessa's b-day celebration: Vanessa, Leann Schmidt, Amanda Edwards and moi


Today is Vanessa's birthday and I want her to know I love her and am thinking of her. :) Vanessa has been the most consistent, dependable and loving friend of my entire life. We've been friends for 2/3 of our lives--and that is mostly b/c of her skills at keeping in touch and caring enough to think about and call me every so often.


And, on top of all that, she is one of the funnest and funniest people I know. I can credit her in large part for helping me to come out of my shell--the one I so painfully wore in Jr. High and High School.


When I think of Vanessa, these are a few things that come to mind:
  • Almost missing our senior class picture b/c we were at Village Inn
  • Laughter, jokes and countless good times
  • Running into my mom at the mall during 2nd period...oh and getting caught a different time by the attendance ladies when we called in to excuse ourselves (did we ever go to class?)
  • Her fabulous family who I always look forward to seeing
  • Past and future trips (St. George, Las Vegas, CA, NYC)
  • Roller hockey at the Rec Center w/Jeff and all his hot friends
  • Introducing me to Diet Coke
  • Stamping & scrapbooking!
  • PGHS reunions (no, not the actual reunions, but the ones we have daily at Home Depot, kids sports games, and everywhere else in between....now if I could just have a sighting of Darek Robinson I'd be complete!)

I feel so lucky to be able to share my life w/someone as special as Vanessa! Thank you, Vanessa, for being so wonderful! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8 brilliant comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW!! Thanks for making me cry! That was so kind. You are such a great friend to me and I don't know what I would do without you! Can't wait for Friday. (maybe we'll run into derek robinson or another pghs alum!)

Shannon said...

We could only hope to be so lucky! :) (sigh)

Anonymous said...

lol about Derek Robinson! And it is true Vanessa. You are excellent at keeping in touch and just picking up the phone and making a call. YOU RULE! What a sweet post Shannon. See you do tons of fun stuff..... how could I ever compare. I did go to the J.S. movie last night. Details to follow...

MAnderson said...

Vanessa....

Happy Birthday. If Shannon says it, it's so. You must RULE.

Enjoy your 20's....they are a magical time.

Anonymous said...

What a cool post! I owe a lot to her if she indeed got you out of your shell, because I love knowing the real Shannon! I can't imagine you hidden by a shell.

Amanda

Heather said...

Wow, Vanessa sounds like a wonderful friend! And what a sweetie you are for writing such a lovely post. This is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Such a nice post! You are a great friend to everyone.
Thumbs up on always being in the "know" on good template websites. Very cute...

Vanessa said...

We are hotties! Check us out! Had a fun time!