Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie/TV Characters

Top Ten Tuesday is my new favorite thing! Sina beat me to the punch this week--you have to check out hers b/c she's the queen of slide shows (which I tried this time and totally love!!). This week there was just no way I could limit it to less than 11. But that was always one of our rules--the top ten moderators could change the rules if necessary. :)





1. Wolverine, X-Men: Because of him, I actually thought I liked action movies. Turns out I just like X-Men....or truthfully I just like Wolverine.

2. Maximus Decimus Meridius, Gladiator: Commander of the Roman Army. YES---we ARE entertained!

3. Count Laszlo de Almásy, The English Patient: This is still my favorite movie...for a lot of reasons, of which he is at the top of the list.

4. Rusty Ryan, Oceans 11-13: Classic case of liking the character better than the person. :)

5. Simon Templar, The Saint: It really was all downhill from here.

6. Hector, Troy: The valiant, noble and honorable son. When he died, so did this movie.

7. Will Tippin, ALIAS: While many of you loved Vaughn, Will was always my favorite. This particular episode of Will as the "Australian" Rock Star has been saved on my Tivo for over 2 years....and I even own the DVDs!

8. King Leonidas, 300: I hated this movie....and even left before it was over....that's how big of an impact he made!

9. James Bond: I have loved them all! But Pierce is my favorite.

10. Jason Bourne, Bourne movies: Can't really explain why I love this character....but I think it has something to do w/him being a skilled hairdresser....twice!

11. Edmond Dantes, The Count of Monte Cristo: I've loved all his characters--but the one where he arrives at his own party in a hot air ballon deserves special mention.

6 brilliant comments:

Nate and Sina said...

Mmmm...yes Puhleez!! Nice work, I LOVE it. But King Leonidas...I am going to have to look into that one a bit more. I love how your fave characters are all these strapping brutes who could kill you with their pinky!!

Anonymous said...

no women make the list?

amanda

Shannon said...

no this was a mens list--i didn't even consider women....but sina we should put that on our list for upcoming tuesdays. :) thanks for the idea amanda!

Heather said...

This is cool! And I love that line in Gladiator.

jaimey said...

Ok, so my top ten male characters will have to wait until this Tuesday . . . decorating for Halloween took way longer than I'd anticipated. Ha ha! But I love your list, Shannon. Of course you know how I feel about Wolverine, and I'd completely forgotten about Rusty Ryan. Such a good one, despite the fact that Brad isn't as desirable in person. :) And Hector. Wow. You've got some fine taste, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Your slide show just gave me the tingles!!! Me likey hot guys. Thank you muchly!
-Laur