Friday, August 31, 2007

Collecting Collective Soul

Collective Soul is my new-ish obsession. It started a little while ago but they put out a new CD this week.....so my co-worker Carrie, who I spend 8 hours a day sitting next to (poor thing! she has to deal w/me AND Jaron!) and I combed the valley for their CD--which they only released in Target and through iTunes. But when it comes to obesssions, I gotta have the real thing, not the e-version. But alas, we were unsuccessful.....so I've been calling for 3 days, to no avail.....and now not only did I buy 3 of their other CDs, but every Target worker totally hates me!

And then.....something good happened.....have you ever heard of "The Secret." Yeah of course you have--thanks to Oprah.....well I put out to the universe that i neeeeeeeded that CD. :) And at about 5:00 today, my angel of a coworker Kevin Lunt put it in my hands!!! (ok so Shiloh was the main link here--but still--I put it out there!) And now I'm listening to it. :)

Anyway here they are:

So.....do you think they are worthy of obsession? I think at least one of them could possibly fill the void that Kevin R left behind:

This is Dean. Enough said, right? With a killer sound and dreamy voice to boot (not Dean, but his big bro Ed. But hey it all runs in the family....).

So here's my question--what music did you not notice for a decade (or more or less), and then all of the sudden just LOVE? Shiloh and I were talking about this tonight and her list was long so hopefully yours will be too.....

p.s. if you click on the link for their web site above, you can listen to several of their new songs!

3 brilliant comments:

Heather said...

I love your writing, Shannon! And I love your wonderful questions. Hmm . . . you and Shiloh are a lot brighter than me - but the first few bands that come to mind are The Cure and Depeche Mode. I got into them in the 7th grade - when they both came out in the late 70's early 80's. Anyway, thanks for the fun trek down memory lane! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much 5-10 years behind the times with every music group I listen to. I guess I must be spacey because I'll be like "I love this group!" and then people will be like "so did I...five years ago!"

-Amanda

MAnderson said...

I'm a little bit addicted to The Jets. but shhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone.